Skip to main content

Globe-Trotting


So the award season has officially kicked off with the Golden Globes last night. Well technically they began with the People's Choice but I didn't watch them, so they don't count. First thing is how had no one thought of Fey and Poehler hosting together before?! Don't get me wrong, I mean I liked Ricky Gervais because he made fun of the pretty people that are held high in the media and society and made me feel better about watching the beautiful rich people award the beautiful rich people. But Tina and Amy, two of the four out of my spirit animal wolf pack (Mindy Kaling and Rihanna the other two) held their own and prolly delivered one of the best line of the night/2013 award season was when Tina Fey said what everyone has been saying for years now, "Taylor Swift, stay away from Michael J Fox's son. You need some 'me' time right now. To find yourself." GREATEST TRUTH EVER SPOKEN!


Omg Adele was there too. If I had a penny for every time I played Adele's 21, it would have to be about as equal to as many awards that bitch has. But I would love to see her something other than Black. I get it, it's her look but just once put on some damn color. They don't even have to be pastels and you don't even have to go Nicki Ninaj crazy, just some color.


I honestly haven't liked Claire Daines since she became a home wrecker, a very important fact that everyone seems to have forgotten apparently. The man left his pregnant wife for her!!!! That's basically one of the reasons I really couldn't get into Homeland that much. And I had no idea Damian Lewis was British!!! Is this common knowledge or did everyone else find out last night?

So apparently the look f the night was anorexia. Everyone was so damn skinny. Lena Dunham was probably the only none size double zero in that room (and I say that in the nicest way ever). They need to start handing out food to the winners instead of awards. When did heroine chic make a comeback? These girls look so hungry, I know they can afford the food!

Maybe instead of privacy, Jodie Foster should have talked about how curves on a woman are not illegal. On that note, what was Jodie Foster talking about in her speech? I never thought about her sexuality before but now I am (jk, I don't care about Jodie Foster, she's old and irrelevant to me). Was she retiring form acting? But the part about her mom was very touching but I think the tears the camera quickly panned to were acting tears.









Best dressed would have gone to Jennifer Lawrence, had it not been for that belt. She usually looks like she has curves but last night she looked like she fell to the anorexia trend too.

My best dressed for the night was Amy Poehler!! Her burgundy plunging neckline dress took the cake last night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Taller The Shoe, The Closer You Are To God

Being someone who is vertically challenged, I'm especially excited for wedge and heel boots and booties this fall. So many to choices, so little money to buy them all and time to wear them all. Collette Wedge Boot from  delias.com Platform Ankle Boot from  forever21.com Triple Wedge Booties from  lulus.com Lace-Up Oxford Wedge from  lulus.com Brogue Wedges from  forever21.com Ankle Boot from  aldoshoes.com Wedge Boot from  journeys.com River Island Snake Heel Wedge Boot from  asos.com Platform Oxford from  nastygal.com Studded Wedge Boot from  nastygal.com

Jackie Burkhart: My Spirit Animal

You know that little voice in your head that always says what you really feel but yet because of social politeness, you don't say those things. Well Jackie Burkhart is the embodiment of that little bitchy, selfish, snarky, and sarcastic voice inside our head. I know That 70s Show has been off for years now but Jackie Burkhart is timeless like diamonds or fondue. In the beginning of the show, she was type-casted to be the evil, bitchy one but she stole the show because she said what we all wish we could say. Sometimes I want to tell my friends that their clothes are ugly, their shoes don't match, they're being whoreish. They are some people I am better than an I want them to know that. Jackie Burkhart wasn't afraid to say all these things, to friend or foe. Donna might have been the "70s new woman" but Jackie was really the feminist of the show. She was confident in her body, self-image, and knew her worth. And with this random blogpost, I salute you JACK

'Revenge' Update

This season of Revenge is very confusing. Last season Emily's objective and ends were very clear, this year they seem to be all over the place. But I don't care about whatever else happens as long as they keep the hot British guy on the show. I'll take him over both Jack and Daniel any day. Emily's motives for revenge were better last season, now they are just too far-fetched that I'm only watching just out of habit and the fashion, and the British guy (Aidan)...and Nolan of course. Nolan is awesome.